Monday, November 16, 2015

World of Warcraft: Legion Cinematic and Features Trailers

Everything I have seen about Legion makes me more interested... and these trailers is no exception. 

The features trailer comes before the cinematic in the timeline, and I absolutely love how it mirrors the cinematic of Warcraft III with Medivh attempting to warn King Terenas III that the Legion has retuend.  We see Khadgar flying in much the same manner as his mentor did, though we also see Varian and Anduin speaking before the wizard makes his appearance.  With his shapeshifting abilities, this makes me thing that Khadgar has taken on Medivh's mantle of Guardian, something interesting that could come up later in Legion.  Khadgar even strikes his staff against the stones of the court in the same manner as Medivh did when he was trying to get the King's attention.  But this time, it works.

There isn't very much to it that we didn't really already know shown in the cinematic, so I will just be focusing on Varian and Sylvanas for the cinematic trailer.  They fight an infernal together on the airship, which is really cool to see.

It opens up with Varian Wrynn writing a letter to his son Anduin, admitting that he might not return from this fight with the Legion.  He speaks of how he has always fought, alludes to his past in seeing kingdoms burn, and brave men fall.  I have to say that I love his look in this cinematic.  He looks weathered, beaten, but still with plenty of fight to give.  And it is clear he will do anything to defeat whatever foes face Azeroth and its people.  He is riding on one of the Alliance airships, headed for the Broken Shore with a huge army of what I am guessing to be both Horde and Alliance ships.  After the airship gets blown out of the sky, it appears Varian is drowning, though I know that they wouldn't kill him so easily.  An interesting note is that once he gets to his feet, he fights with two swords that come from his greatsword. 

Sylvanas is also featured heavily in this trailer, suggesting she will play a large part in this expansion.  Which only makes sense, given that her undead state would not exist without the Legion.  If I was her, I'd want to kick as much demon ass as possible.  Her look is interesting, something about it seems odd to me.  But when she's in motion, you see her high elven agility kicking high gear.  I love that it shows her helping Varian, it shows that she is still willing to fight for the world itself, and not her selfish purposes.  I'm sure those selfish purposes are around somewhere, but I think that Sylvanas know this is not the time to work on her agenda.

The huge column of demonic energy spewing into the air makes me think shit is truly about to get real.  And I cannot wait to see just what is in store.

All in all, I am rather eager to see what all is in store once the beta starts.  And I cannot wait to get my hands on the next expansion.  I just hope that Blizzard has learned lessons from Warlords of Draenor...

No comments:

Post a Comment